UPCOMING EVENT IN KILTYCLOGHER COMMUNITY CENTRE
Link to the Summer School Brocure
Sean MacDiarmada 2018
Friday 8th of June
The opening ceremony of the Seán Mac Diarmada
Summer School will take place at the Seán Mac Diarmada homestead
in Kiltyclogher at 6.00 p.m..
Following the opening ceremony, light refreshments
will be served in the Community Centre in
Evening Session… Cost €5.00
On Friday evening, we encourage
people to park in Kiltyclogher at the Community
Centre and avail of our free shuttle service.
Shuttle bus from Kiltyclogher to Seán MacDiarmada cottage from 4pm onwards.
Shuttle buses to the homestead will depart at 5.00pm from
the centre and return after the event.
Saturday 9th June
Morning lectures ……….. Cost €25.00
Evening Lectures ……….. Cost €25.00
Full Conference (Friday & Sat including lunch) …. Cost €45.00
Lunch is available on site. Cost €5.00
All cheques and postal orders to be made out to:
Seán MacDiarmada Summer School
For Bookings or further information please contact:
C/O Kiltyclogher Heritage Centre,
or call 083 1847432
Please note: The Conference fee does not include accommodation.
We recommend early booking as places are limited.
All Day display of Exhibition of original copies of Seán Mac Diarmada’s 25 pages of rough notes and up to 40 pages of his hand written answers and returned corrections with comments from the night course ‘1904 Revised Programme of Examinations, Candidates for admission to Training School’.
The rough notes consist of a number of single page short stories on the following subjects:
• Composition exercise on English Colonies
• Composition exercise on ‘English settling in Ireland’,
• Composition exercise on ‘Colonies’,
• Composition exercise on ‘Music’,
• Composition exercise on ‘Highlands of Scotland and an meeting with the Queen,
• Composition exercise on ‘a hare and a hawk’,
• Composition exercise on Contrasting life between country and town youth,
• Composition exercise on ‘Frost’,
• Composition exercise on ‘The lion and the slave’,
• Composition exercise on how the ‘Chinese fish’,
• Composition exercise on ‘Sore eyes of an elephant’
• Composition exercise on the ‘five great senses’,
• Composition exercise on ‘Stone’,
• Composition exercise on ‘God’s way is best’,
• Pages of Rough work on maths,
• Letter to his friend Thomas Cullen in Glasgow dated 3/11/1902,
Up to 40 pages of Formal hand written answers submitted to the organisers of the Correspondence Course. These were returned graded with comments.
These pages are comprised of:
• Front and back page of 1904 Revised Programme of Examinations Candidates for admission to Training School.
• English essays,
• General Knowledge
• Maths numerous pages on this subject.
• Book Keeping